Saturday, July 19, 2008

He's BAAAAAAAACK!!!!




It's official, my youngest brother Spencer just got back from his mission to Japan & it is so much fun to have him back!!! He is the comic relief of our family. He is one of my favorite people to be around on the whole planet! My parents & Jess & Matt went over & actually picked Spence up from Japan, so I was kind of in charge of getting all of the "Welcome Home" stuff in order. So this morning I went & tied yellow ribbons around all the trees leading up to my parents house with a family neighbor Lisa Elder & then I went with Spencers "friend?", Megan & put up cups on the walkway above Bangeter. Which in & of itself was quite the task considering the cups that I had bought didn't exactly "fit" inside the chain link. I'm sure it would have been pretty humorous watching us shove the cups into place. But all in all it was a success! My older sister Stacy & her clan all came into town today as well & it was so fun being all together as a family again, I have to admit it made me a wee bit emotional at times. Later in the evening I went to go grab some Village Baker for everyone for a late dinner & Spencer offered to come with me. It was so fun to have him all to myself for our little food run. Spencer is just such an awesome brother & friend. I am so proud of him & so happy that he is a part of my family. When he was gone, it always felt like something was missing. And even though I know that he is going to miss Japan, & for my own selfish reasons I am sooo glad he's HOME! :)

7 comments:

Mikesell Family said...

How nice are you to do the cup thing on Bangerter! I loved Mike's face on that picture. Too funny! Hey looks like the red is out of your hair...how is it?

R Clan said...

How exciting it is to have your brother home. I went through five of those. I was watching "Called to Serve" at my parents house this evening. (A nephew kept playing it over and over) Anyway, it just brought up all those emotions all over again. Then I started thinking that in eleven years I will be sending my Braxton on a mission. Babble babble babble...It really is fun to see them come home.

Natelli Johnston said...

I am so glad he is home!

Will and Michelle Ridd said...

Wow...last time I saw Spencer he was just a little boy! Crazy! The pictures of Jess you have on an earlier post blew me away, too... It looks like your family is doing so great! You will have to tell them all "hi" for me (if they remember who I am!).

Unknown said...

OK, first of all....there's no way that is really Spencer! In my mind, he's still the cute little boy with glasses knocking on our door to play with Michael. Second of all, I'm so glad you found me!!!!! Kimberly tells me all the time about her and Stacy emailing, etc. and I'm always jealous wishing I were in touch with you! So yay! It will be so fun to see what you're doing....you are so cute and have the cutest little family!

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad to see you have a blog! I can't believe Spencer is home from his mission. It seems like yesterday he was sitting on our front porch, petting Duchess, and singing. I can't wait to catch up more with you and hear more about your life and family!

Amy B. said...

Congratulations! I thought it was a huge relief when Mike finally came home - the youngest brother - everyone home safely! A great feeling, but . . . you still have Jessica! :) Who knows what her plans are; maybe you'll have one more missionary. :)