Sunday, July 27, 2008

BIRD is the WORD




We spent this past week up at Snowbird at the good old Iron Blossom. It was so much fun because my ENTIRE family got to be there! Spence, as you all know from the last post just got back from the mish, & then Stacy & Chris & their 3 girls all drove into town. We swam, played games, played tennis, watched movies, slept & ate, ate, ate! Now that's my kind of vacation. :) All was well until Friday afternoon when Mike, Chris, Spencer & Spency's friend Andrew decided to rent some scooters & go up the tram & then ride down the mountain. As they were about to leave Stacy says to Chris, "Make sure you come back with all of the pieces you left with!" Well about an hour or so later we get a call & Chris had hit a pothole on the trail & broken his ankle badly. The ambulances came & took him straight down to Alta View Hospital where he got some X-Rays & was evaluated & it turned out that he had broken his ankle & some of the ligaments had come off. So, he ended up staying over night & having surgery the following morning. All went well & he is now "recovering", I just have one question, Would it still be considered "coming back with all the pieces that you left with", if they were all still technically there, just all broken & mashed up? Anywhoo, on a much lighter note, let me semi-explain the pictures above. As you can tell in the top one that they are all swimming, but I don't even want to try to explain Mike in this photo, so moving on... the next one down is Camren & Lyse eating some ice-cream (Cams favorite treat!) on the balcony of the condo. The third one down is all of the kids playing The Candy Bar Game, now you have to know that I grew up going to Snowbird every summer of my life & every time we were up there, there was a game of The Candy Bar Game played, so it's basically tradition. The adults played our own game of it too, but there is no evidence on film-so sorry. The last picture I think is so sweet, the cousins wanted to sleep by each other & one of the night's we ourselves walked in to go to bed & this is how Jaden & Aly wound up, all tangled up in each other. Although really you can tell by the picture, it's mostly just Jaden all over Aly & both of them just sleeping soundly either way. What a fun trip! Thanks again Mom & Dad for letting us come up year after year, it is ALWAYS a BLAST!

8 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

did the little kids play the candy bar game? how cute! I can't believe I actually spent all that money buying that bunny that day! we need to hang out soon :)

Hillary Corpuz said...

Fun, FUN! I hear there is a girls night in the mix, this friday?

Unknown said...

How fun! That makes me homesick for my family...I love big family vacations...especially now with kids! Or maybe not...it's more relaxing without! :)

Rhiannon said...

I love the 'Bird. I can't hardly wait for our week at Thanksgiving. I love that it's a vacation but so close to home. I hope your brother is feeling better.

Darcie said...

So I am not sure that you will remember me but I saw your post on Kim blog and though I would say HI!!! This is Darcie(Davis) Evans. Your boys are so freakin' cute. And you are looking so GOOD!! What a cute family. I love blogging I just reconnected with Kim, Robyn and Aly. What FUN!! I hope that you don't mind if I peak into your family life. You are more then WELCOME to check out my CRAZY family @ stevedarcieandkids.blogspot.com. Please tell you family that Steve and I say HI!!!!

Kimberly said...

What a fun trip! Tell your family I said "hi."

Will and Michelle Ridd said...

I just had to let you know that I have been listening to your playlist all morning & it is totally helping me get through the last workday of the week! Plus, I have discovered some new favorites - thanks!

Will and Michelle Ridd said...

Oh, one more thing... this post took me back to the time You, Carolyn, and I spent at the 'Bird ... good times :)