(Photo courtesy of Mike, being Mike, pretending to be me at Lake Powell this summer)
Mike turned the big 3-2 yesterday & we spent the day sleeping in, having doughnuts as ourbreakfast of champions, lunch at Kneaders & strolling around Barnes & Noble (one of our fave past times) & then getting Pizza for dinner while watching Jazz BEAT Orlando. Very laid back & relaxing, just the way Mikey Likey. The celebrating is being drawn out till tomorrow though, as we are going to the Greg Laswell concert tomorrow night. So excited for that, I adore Greg Laswell & his beautiful man voice.
32 things I ADORE about Mike
1. He is super goofy (refer to picture above if proof is needed)
2. He is so great with kids. One of the first things that made me fall in love with him, when we were first dating, was watching him play with his nieces & nephews, so cute!
3. He makes me & the boys pancakes every Sunday morning.
4. Whenever I am sitting on the couch, he'll come into the room, grab a cozy blanket & wrap it around me, just in case I am a little chilly.
5. He built my beautiful Dance Studio for me (now that's a dream maker right there)
6. He lets me cry whenever & for however long I need on his shoulder
7. Even when my hair looks like I just stuck my finger in a light socket, & I am in ratty old sweats without a stitch of make-up on, he looks at me & says "Man you're beautiful!" Makes my day, even if he is lying through his teeth.
8. He is obsessed with basketball & is an awesome player. He IS the white Michael Jordan.
9. He researches every purchase that he ever makes. And I mean RESEARCH.
10. He is the Best Dad to our two little boys. So hands on & loving. I am more & more impressed with him everyday I see him with them.
11. He changes the words to almost every song that I am ever singing.
12. He reads his scriptures every single night, no matter how tired he is.
13. He'll watch chick flicks with me.
14. He ALWAYS remembers the important dates (birthdays, anniversaries, valentines etc..)
15. He supports me in my dreams & ambitions
16. He helps clean the bathrooms
17. He gets just as excited for the holidays as I do
18. After making fun of the movie "Phantom of the Opera" the first 40 minutes of me MAKING him watch it with me, it has now become one of his favorite movies of all time.
19. He could sit & draw floor plans all day if time allowed
20. He works so darn hard for our family
21. He is more than respectful to his parents
22. He makes me laugh until I cry on a regular basis
23. He's the first one to volunteer when any one is in need of help
24. He gets along with my family so well that sometimes I wonder if they get more excited to see him than me, pretty sure the answer to that is yes, & I would agree with them. I would definetly get more excited to see him over me any day of the week.
25. He doesn't complain when our dinner for the night is cereal... again.
26. He was there for me month after excrushiating month that I didn't get pregnant. Just there to listen, cry with, take my mind off of it, get me flowers, the list goes on & on.
27. He knows just how important birthdays are to me
28. He loves taking on a challenging game of Soduku
29. He's worthy & willing to give me a Priesthood blessing whenever I am in need of one
30. He does the funniest dance moves for me whenever I am jamming to my music in my bathroom getting ready to go out.
31. He encourages me to go on 'Girls Nights' with my girls. Which means a lot, cause I've seen some girls have to practically beg their husbands for a night out.
32. Because he is just HIM, plain & simple (refer to picture above, if needed)
*Laughing 'till my cheeks hurt * Quirky * Snuggling with my boys * Girls Night Out/Date Night * Junk Food * Amused * Shoes-the higher the better * Dancing * Boston Celtics Fan * Hopeless Romantic* Jet Skiing makes me happy * Clumsy * Discovering New Music * Kissing * Singing in the Shower & Car * Random * Watching my kids sleep * Girlie Girl * Reading * Playing in oodles and oodles of Make -up * Silly * Watching Reality TV * Perfumed * Thankful *