Thursday, September 27, 2012

Just Kidding & Ramblings of Music

So, you know my last post, how I said I was coming back to the world of blogging & all of this amazeballs stuff was to come REALLY SOON? Well I gotcha, I was just kidding...I just didn't know it at the time. Ha Ha! I am so hilarious...hahaha...uncomfortable, pity laughter starts fading into background noise...hahaha... 

ANYCHOW, I am just going to ramble on for a bit, so here we go. I love music, like really love it. It's therapy for me. I find that sad songs seem to actually comfort me somehow when I'm sad, cause I feel that I am not alone in how I am feeling in that moment. When I am stressed, I know that I can count on my music to calm me down. When I can't sleep, music can help lull me back to sleep. When I am scared or lonely, music fills the silence. When I am happy, music makes me even that much happier. It makes cleaning my house, so much more bearable, driving long distances more of an adventure & dancing more personal. I am constantly on the hunt for new music & over the years have compiled quite the eclectic music library. I feel like different songs from different times in my life can bring back memories like nothing else. And they are like soundtracks to that time of my life. I hear "Love of a Lifetime" by Firehouse & I am suddenly in Mike's arms dancing our first dance as a married couple. I hear "Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)" by Dixie Chicks & I am back in our apartment holding Jaden in my arms & soothing him to sleep. I hear "In my Arms" by Plumb & I am in our first house swaddling Camren & watching Jaden drawing a work of art at the table. I hear "Just let me cry" by Hilary Weeks & I am reminded of the years & years of struggle with infertility. I hear "Sea of Love" by Cat Powers & I am in the back seat of the car just staring at little Makai's face as we drove her home from the hospital & realizing that many prayers had just been answered. I could go on & on. When I turn on my music, it somehow turns off the loud things of the world that I want to forget, even if just for the few minutes it's on. Music makes me laugh, cry, dance, pause, ponder & most importantly smile. 

7 comments:

Holly said...

We want more! We want more!

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I've gone and died out of pure shock that you've taken it upon yourself to blog. Well done.

Staceroo said...

Thanks for always sharing your love of music with us all. Someday you should make a "Soundtrack to your Life". I'd love to hear it. :)

sainitaj57@gmail.com said...

Do You Want To Make Lifetime Income Stream through From Your Automated Website?

If Yes Then This System is For You,, You Will be Redricted to an Automated System which Means No Need of Technical Skills...

It Requires No Selling and No Expensive products, and Absolutely
NO Experience At All...

You CAN actually make money online WITHOUT first learning about internet marketing!
Everything WIll be done Step by Step,, You will be in BUSINESS Within a Day....

Click Here To Learn More
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE

Unknown said...

I like this blog and this post

missed call alert service in chennai

Halo BW said...

"Just let me cry" so loove it!

https://www.masteripa.com/2019/10/kelebihan-menggunakan-kredit-tanpa.html