Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Numero One Hundred-O

This is officially my 100th post on this blog (as a hush falls over the crowd), so I better be making it special. Well, I haven't been on here in a while (for good reason, I've been a busy little bee) so I have like, 100 things to catch you up on. On your mark, get set...... GOOOOO!

1. I officially am working (part time) at the MAC counter, Loving it thus far!

2. At my tender age of 29 I finally took the leap & pierced my ears (I can hear all of my familia
letting out a shriek right about now).I am soo excited for my 6 weeks of wearing studs to be up,
so I can get to the 'fun stuff' in the earring world.

3. Cam's Birthday was yesterday...can't believe my BABY is 6!!!

4. Cam started Kindergarten last week. Can't believe my BABY is in Kindergarten!!!

5. Jaden is a BIG 3rd grader... when does time get away from me so quickly?

6. We got a kitten & he lasted all of one day at our house. He was super cute, white hair, blue eyes (just like my boys) & we named him Boston. But after both of Jaden's eyes swelling completely shut from just being in the same room as him, we sadly had to give him back.

7. Mike was in a mini triathlon & KILLED it! He finished like 26th or something out of like 350!
Go MJ! And now he has 'the bug'. I have a feeling that this will be the first of many for him.
I am so proud of my Mike & who knows, maybe someday I'll join him on some of his new adventures in physical fitness. That remains to be seen...

8. My mother & father in law left to the MTC yesterday. They are going to be serving a
 mission inthe New Hampshire, Massachusetts mission at a Joseph Smith historical site
 in Vermont. They are going to be amazing!!!
I love them both so much & am going to miss them terribly.
But I KNOW that is where the Lord has need for them now.

9. Bonus for me on where they are serving their mission: when Mike & I go & visit them, we will travel to Boston & go to a Celtics game at none other than 'The Garden'. Wishes being granted left & right.

10. I am starting dance up again next week. Super excited. Can't wait to see all of my cutie patutie dancers again. They have been missed.

11. Sorry, nothing to report on the 'baby' front. (Just in case you were wondering)

12. Went to 2 fantabulous concerts this summer (both at USANA) The first was Jack Johnson. Me & Bree went together & it was a blast!!!! Love Jack J! Love to say that I actually have sang along with him LIVE! Have too many funny 'drunk men' at the concert stories. I'll just leave it at Drunk Guys at Jack Johnson Concerts are Insane!!! The 2nd concert was Dave Matthews Band! Double date with Krista & Jesse (thanks again my loves), & lets just say I think that I smelled enough Pot that night, that I went home with the munchies.... Loved the company at both concerts, Loved the outdoorsyness, loved it all!

13. Went to "Eat Pray Love" twice! Loved it both times. Found it inspiring. Some of the peeps that I
 went with the 2nd time didn't love it like I did. As a matter of fact, I think they loathed it. Sorry in laws.

14. I got a new bedding set!! So cute, feel like I am in a Hotel every time I slip into bed at night. I had my other bedding for 8 years & have been wanting something new & fresh the last couple years. Found a bargain on something I LOVE at TJ Maxx & the rest is history.

15-100. I won't bore you to tears... leave 'em wanting more Laura..... always leave them wanting more.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations on number 100! Very exciting! 1. How fun! You are totally the inspiration for how we all want to look so you are a definite asset to the MAC peeps. 2. I didn't know your ears weren't already pierced. How fun! 4. Wait until he starts 1st grade! 7. Way to go Mike! I'm so impressed! 9. Boston is my absolute favorite place (well, one of them!) take me with you! 10. I wish so bad I could be one of your dancers again! That was one heck of a time! 11. :( 13. I just finished the book- loved it! Haven't seen the movie yet- we should go together! 14. I am so jealous! I totally want to re do my bedroom again! There's just nothing like it!

Mikesell Family said...

WHAT THE...you got your ears pierced and didn't even tell me...who, might I add has been on your case for how many years about how much you would love it?!?!?...the little devil that I am. I can't wait to see!

Holly said...

You left me wanting more! I'm beginning to doubt that you really had 10 things to state :) And I'm so sad that you can't have a kitten.

Jess said...

New Hampshire, Massachusetts mission?...........................awkward.....................;)

Katee Reed said...

I can't believe you pierced your ears and i don't even get to see it!!! We have to go to sephora soon so i can see them!!

Jessica said...

I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that you pierced your ears. I liked the fact that none of us sisters-and mom- didn't have our ears pierced. It was something unique because I swear almost EVERYONE has their ears pierced (even guys now-a-days!). But if you like it then I guess that's all that matters. It'll take getting used to though that's for sure.

I'm also upset that I had NO CLUE about your new job until Mike stopped by today. Hello- we're sisters. We're supposed to tell each other stuff like that. Next time don't keep me out of the loop okay?

Well- this is all for now. I need to go do some reading. I'll talk to you on Sunday. Love ya!!!

Staceroo said...

Laur, Laur, Laur. After holding out for 29 years, you caved in to the ear piercing!?! Why didn't you wait for the big 3-0 as part of some midlife crisis or something? I at least hope that you got them pierced at like 3:14 pm or something special!

Bettinson Bunch said...

My friend's son, Elder Dickison, is currently serving in the New Hampshire Manchester Mission! I am sure they will meet each other, since he goes to the Joseph Smith Memorial for mission meetings!!