"In a world where you can be Anything....BE YOURSELF!"
1. Whenever any clock says 11:11 or 3:14 (my b-day) I have to close my eyes & make a quick wish.
2. When I was in middle school I wanted a middle name so badly that I made one up for myself & so I would sign everything
"Laura Ashley Jackman"
3. When I was little I would go around our house & pretend that
I was "giving away" our furniture on The Price is Right, I would say things to imaginary people like "You could be the winner of this BEAUTIFUL Grandfather Clock!" & in that moment I was one of Barker's Beauties!
4.When I was in 8th grade I was over at my friends house & there was a cat outside with us that wouldn't leave my side & he ended up following me home & my parents still have him to this day, his name is Simon.
5. On my first date with Mike we stopped at a Albertsons in Park City to grab some treats & Mike grabbed the UGLIEST hat & said to me in the goofiest voice, "If I wear this, will you kiss me?" & from that moment on he hasn't stopped making me laugh.
6. I am the BIGGEST night owl, I would have no problem if "normal" hours were 12pm-3am
7. I have always, my whole life, said that I wanted to own my own dance studio when I grew up & so when I first started teaching dance at the studio that Mike built for me, it was like a major life
goal/dream being realized.
8. I like going out & partying as much as the next person, but my favorite thing really is staying home in my sweats with my huzzy, getting take out & watching movies.
9. I am beyond obsessed with music, I feel like it is one of the most powerful things, the way it can affect my mood is amazing.
10. I also am kind of a music slut, I like so many different types of music, as long as the song has some sort of feeling/emotion behind it, I like it. Whether that be music that makes me hyper or depressed.
11. When I was young I vowed that I would own a Tiger when I grew up no matter what it took! Now that I have kids & have seen one too many Discovery "When Animals Attack" shows, my view & passion on that subject has shifted a bit, but they are still by far my favorite animal!
12. If I could live anywhere other than Utah, I would choose Maine. I traveled there with my family when I was younger & for some reason fell in love with it!
13. When I was little I had New Kids on the Block sheets & on the pillow, I had to have Jordan's face facing up, so that he could "breathe"! For the record, No I will not be buying their new CD.
14. I have always wanted children, I wanted them so badly that Mike & I got pregnant just 4 months after getting married.
15. I think that 50% of my food intake entails Peanut M n' M's & Reeces Peanut Butter Cups. Rarely could you look in my cupboards & not find these two essentials.
16. I don't hardly ever cook (sorry Mike), but I think that it sounds
17. I was so scared when I found out that I was pregnant with my second (because my first broke me in really well) & now that I WANT to be preggers again it hasn't happened for 2 1/2 years & counting....
18. I have always had a passion for reading & funny enough, I think that it started out with "The Babysitter Club" books, I was obsessed.
19. In my youth I think that I tried to start every single kind of "club" that you could imagine. The "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Club" was my favorite & whats funny is that we had a boy in the club!
20. Some of my dream jobs (other than the Dance Teacher bit of course) are Interior Decorator, Fashion Stylist, Magazine Editor, Make-up artist to the stars- especially Jennifer Aniston, music video choreographer, American Idol judge, Um can you imagine me being the female Simon "Was that singing? It sounded like a cat being ran over to me!"
21. I am a Product Junkie, if there is a new mascara/lotion/lip gloss out on the market, I want it.
22. I love being a Freelance Make-up artist for MAC, I take great pride in making people feel good about themselves. And it's just plain fun to go play in ALL OF THAT MAKE-UP!
23. I sometimes worry that since I am soo into make-up & "girlie" stuff, that some people might think that that's all there is to me.
24. Making custom CD's for other people is one of my favorite things to do, not only do I get to listen to great music (in my opinion) in the process, but then I get to share my love for music with others.
25. I bawled my eyes out in the movie "The Notebook", literally had snot coming out the nose, bawling.
26. I have weird irrational fears, like sometimes when I am about to start my car I'll think "What if theres a car bomb on the car?"
27. I've always wished that one day Mike would wake me up in the morning like Richard Gere wakes Julia Roberts up in "Pretty Woman", waving a credit card in front of my face saying "Let's go SHOPPING!"
28. My go to color to wear is Black, it's just so easy & helps with some of that "extra" weight.
29. My favorite color to actually wear though is a deep periwinkle.
30. My favorite flowers on earth are Calla Lillie & Gerber Daisies.
31. I secretly wish that I could plan my whole wedding over again, there are definitely some things that I would shake up a bit!
32. My brother Matt lent me Arrested Development & I am so glad he did, they are hilarious! Love that show!
33. I was soooo sad when Friends came to an end, that's my fave
show of all time!
34. I love going to concerts, there is just something about seeing the artist's you love & admire perform live, my favorite so far has to be U2!
35. If I could cast Edward in the Twilight movie, it would be Jake Ryan, you know from 16 Candles & Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken.
36. I've always wished that I could sing really good, & that I would get up in Sacrament Meeting & blow every ones socks off!
37. When I was little I had a "pretend" baby & I named her "Bubbles", and when I say pretend I don't mean a doll, I mean an invisible baby.
38. I am in love with the Victoria's Secret line "PINK"
39. I know that this sounds a little odd, but a while back I wished that I had a gay best friend like Grace does on Will & Grace.
40. I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have someone think that I was nice, sincere, funny or creative than think that I was pretty, it's a much better compliment I think.
41. I could spend hours & hours in Barnes & Noble sipping on specialty drinks & looking through random books.
42. I can never go to Target & only come out with what I went there for.
43. I'm not afraid of spiders or mice, but snakes creep me out.
44. I am obsessed with the sense of smell, everything in my life needs to smell good- EVERYTHING!
45. I sometimes wish that I could still live with my siblings & parents they are some of my favorite people to be around, & sometimes it feels like I don't get to spend near enough time with them.
46. I love turning music on in my living room & making up an improve dance right there on the spot. Pretending all the while that I have a huge audience watching & applauding me, of course.
47. Sometimes when I sing along to POP music in my car I pretend I'm in a music video & it makes getting from A to B a lot funner!
48. One of my favorite kisses with Mike was when we were in Lagoon's parking lot & it was just pouring buckets of rain on us & we were drenched- Too Much Info? Anyone? But I swear it could've been
in a movie!
49. I used to say ALL the time "Okay Dokey Hokey Pokey Rokey Smokey" & it drove everyone around me nuts, luckily for all around me I've kind of kicked that habit.
50. I love watching old movies, anything with Doris Day or Audrey Hepburn, I think it's cause me & my sister would always watch these with my Mom growing up.
Okay, so this is taking waaaay longer than I thought, so I am going to end for now & maybe there will be a part 2 of this post on a latter date! Hope you enjoyed reading up on a bunch of facts-o-Laura Ashley Jackman Johnston!